Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Monday, August 1, 2011

English Chippendale Tablescape

I thought I'd revisit one of my earliest blog posts and share it this week as I thought it could work for Valentine's Day!

One of my favorite set of dishes is English Chippendale made by the old English china manufacturer Johnson Brothers. It boasts lovely red chrysanthemums (or are they peonies?) scattered on a white ironstone background.  I found this set antiquing several years ago and couldn't resist adding it to my dish collection!




I started with a red and blue toile table topper that I made last month. I plan on posting a tutorial later in the week on how I made it! Next I added a red charger as a base for the dinner plate, then layered a Wedgwood White salad plate , an English Chippendale bread and butter and last a little fruit bowl.




 I found six glass hurricanes at the Goodwill for $2 each and filled them with broken china pieces and a white chunky candle.



 Blue Country French napkins add a nice pop of color. And this is the vintage silverplate flatware I found a month or so ago , 8 place settings for $25!



 Mmm, some fruit tarts for dessert!


I love red geraniums and they alternate with the hurricanes down the center of the table.I think it all makes for a pretty summery tablescape!

Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch

4 comments :

  1. So pretty! I love the Chippendale pattern. Cute napkin rings and what a great deal on that flatware you got!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree very pretty! What a deal on those hurricanes! I just love all the french patterns! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Chippendale and the napkins are adorable. You really found some treasures!

    Thank you so much for stopping by ~ I really appreciate it! I'm a new follower and look forward to getting to know you. Good luck on the giveaway!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dishes with beautiful photos. You really have some nice treasures. I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete