Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Playing with Pumpkins

Autumn is my favorite time of year. Growing up in Pennsylvania I have such great memories of apple and pumpkin picking, and walking to school gathering leaves of scarlet, copper, bronze and gold. Sadly in Arizona we don't enjoy such Fall delights. Nevertheless, I can pretend by filling my home with pumpkins, gourds and other signs of the harvest!


Herewith, my Autumnal tablescape...

 Remember I found these wooden chargers at Goodwill a few weeks ago? I knew I'd be using them a lot! The dinner plate is a deep brown with a black border made by Arabia of Finland. The little fruit bowl is Wedgwood Old Chelsea and features a crane sitting on a branch.



I found this wonderful casserole dish recently thrifting. It is Royal Worcester and the pattern is Evesham one of their most popular designs.

For the table runner I've used a pashmina that I purchased a couple of years ago in India

I wanted to incorporate lots of wood so I nestled my pumpkins into vintage dough bowls.

These two little carved ladies are from Switzerland. Aren't they adorable? Goodwill finds!


 My brother gave me this little lad when he returned from a stint in Germany. I love his knapsack!


Now for the sideboard!






So even though it's still over 100 degrees outside Fall is in the air inside!

I'm joining:

19 comments :

  1. Very inspirational tablescapes. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty table! I love the carved women, what finds! It doesn't feel much like fall here either, with temps in the mid 80's. So strange, as it was cool (in the 60"s!) for much of the summer here! Enjoy your week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tablescape. Love the pumpkins and the carved figures. Lovely florals and everything is so beautifully put together. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tablescape! But my heart skipped a beat when I saw your wonderful Red Cliff ironstone tureen in the grape pattern! I have one, too....it was my mom's. They are the prettiest ones, aren't they? :-) Thanks so much for your sweet comments and for entering my Annie Sloan giveaway! Hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty post, but I must say I really love the carved figures from Switzerland and the little boy from Germany. They are all so precious.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the wood elements in your tablescape! Especially the two carved ladies! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vintage dough bowls and your fun fall decor. The carved figures are really neat. I'm decorating for Fall now too eventhough it is still sunny and in the 90's here! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tablesetting is so pretty. I like the carved figures and the dough bowls and the colors.

    Thanks so much for linking up to Potpourri Friday!
    you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful table setting! I adore it!!! Would love for you to come share this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so pretty! I just love fall, pumpkins and all the other good stuff. LOVE the little boy with his knapsack.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. You certainly have brought fall to Arizon. Your table is very nice, as is the rest of your decorations. ENJOY
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely! You have a great eye for composition! And autumn is my favorite season.

    I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your Fall decor is beautiful! I love the tureens and the carved ladies are wonderful. Thank you for linking to the Open House party and I hope to see you there again soon.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello...

    I'm coming over from Marty's TTT party! Just wanted to meet you and say hello! Ohhh my...your autumn decor is beautiful! And...of course, I couldn't help but notice your gorgeous red dining room walls! I have a red dining room also! I think we may be kindred spirits, my friend! Hehe! Your autumn tablescape is lovely...love your place settings! Oooh..and what a lucky find...that gorgeous Evesham casserole dish. It is one of my favorite patterns! Your buffet is just as lovely as your autumn table. I sooo enjoyed seeing all of your autumn pretties! Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

    Warmest autumn wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty....I enjoy getting my Fall items out...today was the day....even though it is still pretty warm....but we need our Fall even here in AZ!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hello, I'm visiting from Marty's Tabletop Tuesday. Your fall tablescape is lovely. Your pumpkins and flowers are the perfect centerpiece. I love your white ironstone and figurines. Its so nice to meet you.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just saw your blog posted and wanted to come over and take a peek. Your tablescape and decor is beautiful. I am a newbie, as well and your latest follower. I hope you will follow back. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've come over from Marty's TTT.. what wonderful displays you have. Your home is so warm and inviting, I adore all the figurines.. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete