Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Wedgwood Old Chelsea



Look what I found at the flea market last week. A gravy boat you say? This is not just any gravy boat. It is the Old Chelsea pattern by Wedgwood and it matches the china I received when I got married. I knew it immediately when I spied it on a table of random bric a brac. There was no price on it. Oh no, this could be expensive. How much? Only 5 dollars? Sold! 



 The Old Chelsea pattern never achieved great popularity and was only produced from 1969-1982 so pieces are very difficult to find.

I love the colors of warm browns, greens and rusts and find it perfect for fall tablescapes.


Here my new gravy boat fits in nicely with my collection of brown tranferware pieces. 



Finding a treasure at the flea market is a little like winning the lottery. You won't find anything if you don't go! 
I like to join these parties


Friends Sharing Tea@Bernideens

2 comments :

  1. That is wonderful that you found a gravy boat to matches your lovely china pieces. Just in time for gravy for the Holidays! I think the design is also lovely for fall! Would love to have you come link at "Friends Sharing Tea" blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was featured today on my blog with other bloggers from the blog party I had this week! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete