Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Fostoria Jamestown Ruby Red

Oh my! A quick trip into the Goodwill looking for more milk glass (yes I found a few pieces),
 but here is what really got me excited!
 Twelve Fostoria Jamestown Ruby Red goblets all in perfect condition. I grew up drinking from Fostoria as my mother has a couple of sets of Jamestown in green and brown.  
Fostoria glass was founded in 1887 in West Virginia. They made many, many kinds of glassware for the table and other decorative pieces.  Jamestown was a popular pattern and it comes in several other colors including green , brown,  pink, amber, blue and clear.



 The glasses have a slightly flared trumpet shape and a curvaceous swirl.
 I believe these are actually the ice tea sized glass. They are slightly larger than the water goblet.

I'm excited to use my new red glassware in a variety of table settings. They will look fabulous with my red and white transferware, 



 and add some rich color to my Spode Christmas plates.


Red goes with so many holiday color schemes! 



It's fun to find something so beautiful that evokes fond memories and oh yes, cost only $2 apiece! 

I like to join these parties



4 comments :

  1. What a wonderful find! Back in the day when I was establishing my household these glasses sold for $ 26.00 plus per glass. Needless to say, they were too extravagant for me. Since then I have picked up some at flea markets, but never for such a good price. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! My mom and I have red Fostoria Jamestown. I picked it out years and years ago. Mother added to my collection at birthdays & Christmases. Slowly, one piece at a time, I finally have 12 iced tea glasses. Mother decided to collect it for herself, and she has several pieces which will be mine someday.

    My latest post has a couple of red Fostoria Jamestown glasses in it. :)

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find, they go so well with all your holiday table ware!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautful! We grew up with the pink ones and I just got some. How lucky to find 12! That was amazing. You will enjoy these gorgeous red ones for ages!

    ReplyDelete