Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Paper Rosette Tutorial

I got lots of compliments on the decor for the bridal shower I helped with last week. I thought I'd show how easy it is to make this paper rosette garland. There are so many cute papers out there but I chose to use book pages from an old encyclopedia. I also like using vintage sheet music.

 Take 3 pages and accordion fold them about 1/2" wide.

 Separate the pages, fold each in half and fan them out.

Use either hot glue or double stick tape to seal the folded edges closed and the 3 pieces together. Sometimes I glitter the edges by brushing on a little glue and dipping in loose glitter. You can also distress the paper if you want a vintage look.

I printed out the lettering I wanted onto regular cardstock, cut out the circles and hot glued them to the center of the rosettes. There are lots of creative ways of embellishing here by using contrasting papers, layering small rosettes onto large ones, or using vintage photographs.


I simply used clothes pins to attach the individual rosettes to some twine. Alternately, you can paper punch holes and string your letters onto ribbon.
Ta da! A super easy and inexpensive decoration. 
Now, to make some for Christmas!
I'll be joining
Open House Party

1 comment :