Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blackberry Peach Cobbler in a Jar

I keep seeing so many delicious looking desserts baked right in a canning jar that I had to try one myself. 
Tonight my Church women's group was having a class on how to can your own meat using a pressure canner, so to stick with the theme I thought I'd whip up some cobbler in a jar to share. It was so easy and yummy too!

 Right out of the oven!

 Packed up and ready to take to the class.

 I like the idea of baking right in the canning jar. It's a fun presentation, they are easy to transport and they have automatic portion control!

All gone!
I was going to make plain peach cobbler, but when I got to the market the blackberries were on sale. Hmm, that sounds good! You could easily substitute raspberries or use fresh fruit or canned fruit. Cobblers are pretty forgiving. Here's what I did.

The recipe:

Blackberry Peach Cobbler in a Jar

1 package frozen blackberries 12 oz 
1 package frozen sliced peaches 12 oz
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
1 cup Bisquick
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
cinnamon sugar

In a large bowl allow blackberries and peaches to thaw.
Cut the peach slices into chunks and sprinkle the fruit with sugar. As the fruit thaws it will render some juice. 
Add cornstarch mixture and gently stir.
Place 12 8 oz jam jars into a large baking dish.
Divide the fruit evenly among the jam jars. 

In a separate bowl whisk together the Bisquick, sugar and milk. Pour  batter over the fruit. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until golden. 
Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Best served warm, but you can put on lids and save for later, remove lids and reheat in the microwave.


11 comments :

  1. Love this!! I bought 4 ounce jelly jars a month ago. This recipe would be great a quick dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I loved the way the cobbler looked in the canning jars.
    Thank you for sharing your recipe as well...I'll definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, why must you tease me with this delicious concoction?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cobbler in a jar. This looks really good. I'm pat from Pat's Pink Apron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have just got to try this! The cobbler baked right in the jar is a fabulous idea and I love the look of it. Great for all the football games in front of the t.v.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! Thanks for the great inspiration and recipe. I pinned it on Gotta do this! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried it, but it looks wonderful...Looks like the church ladies agreed!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are featured at Potpourri Friday today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum...I look forward to trying this just as soon as I buy some corn starch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How simple, yet oh so yummy! I've saved this to my recipe files to make for an upcoming brunch. The girls will ♥ this.
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking this in and thanks, too for following Carole's Chatter. Hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete