Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Friday, October 7, 2011

Turkey Time?

I know it's too early to get out the turkeys, but this is what I found thrifting today! My mom and I were just discussing Thanksgiving and how she and my sisters-in-law have turkey plates. I was so excited to see this on the shelf at the Goodwill! It's made by Johnson Brothers, one of my favorite English china companies. This pattern is called 
Wild Turkeys and has been retired. It's quite large measuring a full 20" across. I found several  on the web selling for upwards of $100, but I got mine for $16! 


 Isn't this a fun pumpkin with it's carved harvest message? I've seen  these at some of the nicer boutiques and they can be a bit pricey. I paid $3.50 and it still had a price tag on the bottom for $29!

 I honestly don't do much Halloween decorating preferring to stick to Autumn and Harvest themes. But this cute little witch spoke to me and for $2.50 HAD to come home with me!


I thought this honey jar was charming. I used a design from The Graphics Fairy and an application technique that I learned from Lauren over at My Wonderfully Made to decorate the lid.  So easy!

I scored a few nice vintage linens today too, but I'll share those another time. 

8 comments :

  1. What a lovely fall vignette! Love the honey jar! Hope you are havng a great weekend!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo! Did you hit the jackpot! Love your wild turkey platter. OMGosh, I've seen them for as much as $350.
    Cute witch, too.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that platter! What a steal!! It would be great to have you join Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' your pretty new turkey platter-great price:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that turkey platter, it is beautiful. Nice pumkin too.Our Goodwill just has junk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful turkey platter ... reminds me of the salad plates in our Fall dining room! Lovely other Fall pieces, too ... cute witch! Thanks for sharing. *Becca* (new follower)

    www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping back by to say "thank you" for your kind words about my Fall dining room! How about appetizers at one house and main course at the other's. LOL. Love our matching dinnerware.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you chose to be a part of Seasonal Sundays this past week and hope you'll join me again this week.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete