Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Flag Pins

It's the season to be patriotic! With Memorial Day, Flag Day, and the 4th of July all clustered together I've been getting out my red, white and blue decor. In my neighborhood folks are flying the flag and decorating their homes with swags of bunting. I recently came across a couple of rhinestone flag pins at the thrift store. What a cute way to show some patriotism.We are having a small family reunion for Independence Day so I starting searching for more pins to give to each of the girls in the family.


I've had this sweet little cross stitched pin for over 30 years.
(I'll be keeping this one!) 


I thought my 7 year old grand daughter would like the flag necklace. 

I made these safety pin flags at Girl's Camp many years ago. They are very easy to do. If you would like a tutorial there are several on Pinterest.


I found flag lapel pins for the grandsons too.



How will you be wearing your patriotism this summer?

I like to join these parties

1 comment :

  1. Karee, that's a cute idea! I have a collection of flag pins, some from my mom and others that I've added through the years. I'm always drawn to the our flag, and yes, many flags are flying in our neighborhood too. We fly the flag year round.
    We'll get together with friends for the 4th, but I have some patriotic things about the house to get in the spirit. I gathered some of my Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty collection on a tray along with a few Nantucket baskets filled with red, white, and blue flowers. I have it our my dining room table. My husband walked by and said, "Wow, that's beautiful. I feel like I should salute." Ha! Happy 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete