Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Doily Table Runner

I have a friend with a darling daughter who is engaged to be married later this spring and I offered to host a bridal shower for her. The bride wants to use vintage linens, lace and burlap - a popular theme these days. So I've created a table runner, of sorts, for my tablescape.


 I started with a square of burlap, about 60"x 60" and turned it on the diagonal. Then I layered random vintage doilies down the center of the table. Some of these I already had, and I purchased a few more at a favorite thrift store. You can find these at most antique stores for as little as 5 or 6 dollars apiece.

 I love the slight variation in whites, creams and ivories. Some of the crocheted pieces are extremely intricate! I'm sure they took hours upon hours to make.
They remind me of snowflakes. 



Next I lined up mason jars and some French bottles filled with flowers and herbs from my garden ,

scabiosa, yarrow, chamomile and baby's breath. 



This was a super easy table to pull together. I'll share more about the shower in another post!
I like to join these parties

                  Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper

8 comments :

  1. Lovely idea! Your centerpiece is very romantic. Love the little hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karee, The runner is beautiful and I know the bride to be will love it.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty...and you can change them up however you want. I think this would be a good start for the grand daughters in tablescaping...they've been showing more interest and effort in making the table special!!! I also like the music hearts dangling down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the lace doilies are beautiful, and make a lovely runner. what a good idea. I can't believe you have wildflowers -- we still have piles of snow here in Michigan with more coming tomorrow. The flowers look so pretty, and give me something to look forward to! I am following you now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! A great way to use an often overlooked vintage item. Love your flowers, too.
    Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com
    History & Home link party, Tue-Fri, weekly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your table runner it turned out beautiful! The bride to be should be happy with the whole look! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! This is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete