Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall Flea Market

I had a great weekend browsing at the Merchant Square Flea Market and a couple of thrift shops. On Friday I visited my favorite thrift stores where I always find something special.


Saturday was a beautiful Fall morning with early morning temps in the 80's. That means getting an early start because it warms up fast here in AZ! My friend Kathy started out bright and early at 6:30 for some garage sales. Then she and I headed down to my favorite flea market hosted by Merchant Square Antiques. These are just some of the treasures I found!

 I found eight of these Italian dinner plates made by Vietri at the Goodwill for $1.50 each!
 If you know me, you know I can't resist an ironstone tureen!

 I found 6 napkins embroidered with a "C" for Cannon.

 And 8 brand new silver napkin rings for only $1.50.

 I fell in love with these English silver salt shakers. They are clearly part of a set as they have #'s 5,6 and 8 on the bottom. I wonder what happened to #'s 1,2,3,4 and 7? 
Hopefully someone else is enjoying them.

 These are a pair of Italian serving dishes for which  I paid only $2 each. I know they will get a lot of use!

 I also found a couple of transferware bowls made by Copeland/Spode. This pattern is called Rural Scenes and depicts farmers loading up the hay wagon. So charming!


This lovely silver serving tray was only $3!

Kathy knows I collect sets of old silverware and spied this set for me. It consists of 128 pieces plus this fun silverware caddy. All of it for $10! Good eye Kathy!

Lastly I couldn't resist this sweet set of 8 spreaders with  grape cluster handles. Only $1 for the whole set.

8 comments :

  1. What great finds! Looks like a worthwhile market!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Wow! Fabulous finds and fabulous prices. I love everything you found. It's beginning to be difficult to find many vintage pieces at thrift stores, garage sales, etc. around here. Glad you're having great luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow you scored!! I love all of your fabulous finds! You would never find prices like that around here. Even our Goodwill has gotten quite expensive.....darn. Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you scored some great finds. I love soup tureen. It took me forever to find my first one, but now I have three of them. So I guess I have a collection of them then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, you have great thrift stores in your area! I love every single thing you found and what great buys! The silver tray would make a nice charger under your table setting. The transferware plates are such a super find and very appropo for the season. Great buy on the silverware.

    You really scored some great treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a deal on those beautiful Vietri plates and the tureen is wonderful. Love the silver and the transferware. Thanks for linking to the Open House Party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful treasures and such fabulous prices. It would be great to have you link to Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found so many terrific treasures. Thanks for sharing this lovely post at Potpourri Friday. I appreciate your participation!

    ReplyDelete