Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Painted Lazy Susan


I've had a lot of fun sprucing up old lazy susans. I painted these to look like French grain sacks. Pretty easy, a coat of creamy paint followed by a little distressing . Next I taped off lines and filled in between with red craft paint. Then I add a graphic that I print in reverse onto wax paper, place face side down and rub onto the surface. I finished it off with a couple of coats of acrylic spray.

Here is the before picture, 

that I painted to look like an old wine cask.

Often I'm able to find these at thrift stores for only $5 or so.

I think this looks great with my vintage grainsack towel that I use as runner layered with a topper I made out of some French fabric. It actually makes a nice centerpiece that's functional too!
 Have you painted anything fun this week?

14 comments :

  1. I never thought of painting those lazy susans, not that I could do a plate like those, they are just so beautiful, they look like they are from an expensive store..I love the look...thanks for sharing them...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. I was just thinking about making a lazy susan. Stop by my Friday's Five Features tomorrow and link up this post (and others)! diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic’s Friday’s Five Features and Fun Festivities. Don’t forget to stop back by this Friday!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful job on the Lazy Susans...looks perfect on your table!!..I saw some Lazy Susans a while back at Ikea...I need to pick up one!!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these! I keep looking at lazy susans every time we hit Ikea. I have yet to bring one home to make over but I think I might next time!:) Thanx for partying at THT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lazy susans and you did a great job on yours! I've recently purchased two at Goodwill but haven't done anything with them yet! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's really great. You gave a basic wood piece a very upscale look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, I haven't painted anything - I sure like your embellished lazy susans!

    Popped by from WIW Hello Dolly.

    http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com/2013/08/dolly-day-in-blogosphere.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog!New follower, hoping you'll follow back :)
    http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are great looking you did such a good job
    seen you on My Romantic Home

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Gorgeous, these truly are superbly done, I do so love French! These look so very authentic vintage chic!
    Following and pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the lazy susan's! I have a few and will try my hand at making them look vintage.
    Love your blog and I will be following you - stop by and see my little bog.
    Have a great weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this, am actually experimenting with one that I just bought at GoodWill...I just have a difficult time reversing (or printing in reverse). ugh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! I got it to print backwards! (thanks to the Graphics Fairy)...I am not that creative, but I'm gonna give it the old try!!! thanks for the inspiration!!

      Delete