Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Friday, September 30, 2011

Fall Friends

My good friend JoMarie called me this morning with a last minute lunch invitation. She hosted a bridal shower for her grand-daughter last night and had oodles of leftovers! So she called a few of her neighbors to share  an informal mid-day meal.


 Now let me just say that JoMarie doesn't really do anything informally. She and I belong to the same women's service club and our unofficial motto is
"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!"



 So I thought I'd share her lovely Fall tablescape. Don't you love how she elevated small pumpkins on silver and crystal candlesticks? I did something similar last year with brass candlesticks-I guess great minds think alike!



Jo loves haunting antique and thrift stores. She said she picked up this set of Czechoslovakian porcelain dinner plates for $1 a piece! Wow, gorgeous! But then to add a touch of whimsy she layered them on these chocolate brown polka dot chargers.

The table runner is burlap bordered with black velvet. Aren't we all loving how chic burlap has become? For a finishing touch she scattered candy corn down the middle of the table. Thanks JoMarie! There's nothing like spending time with good food and good friends!


I'm joining the following parties!
Tabletop Tuesday
Open House Party
Inspiration Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday

5 comments :

  1. This is not how I serve leftovers! Her table is very pretty and I love the dinner plates.

    Thanks for visiting and I am happy to hear the plaster of paris in paint worked for you. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a clever idea using the candle holders for the pumpkins! I can see that also at Christmas with some pretty, giant ornaments in place of the pumpkins! Thanks for sharing these lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to drop by again and say thank you for linking to the Open House Party. I appreciate your participation.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!!! Thank you so much for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete