Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Boudoir Pillows

I love all of the inspiration that I find floating out there in cyberspace. While browsing the other day I saw this photo of pillow shams from the website Epic Linens.   Aren't they gorgeous? I love the subtle contrast of the white lace against the natural linen. 
Hmm, maybe I can make something similar! 


I bought this lot of vintage doilies years ago. You know, the kind of thing our grandmothers (or great-grandmothers) used to put under everything like vases and figurines. I only paid a couple of dollars for about 10 of them. However, with no plan of what to do with them they have sat in my sewing stash for several years! Please don't tell me I'm the only one who does this. 



I knew I also had some lovely linen fabric left over from some draperies I made oh, 20 years ago. Did I mention I save stuff?

 So I made several little "Boudoir "pillows. 











It's nice to add a scoop of  dried lavender buds along with your batting to sweetly scent your bed, bathroom or closet.
Very sweet, n'est-ce pas?

6 comments :

  1. These are truly beautiful and you are so very creative! Great idea to add some "romance" without being overdone. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty, thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so adorable! Love the way you wrapped them around the form. Yes, I have tons of good, bad, and why did I even get these doily's. Some of my prettier ones would look great to use whole as you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea. I really love that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea. I have a box of doilies made by my grandmother that I cannot bear to give away. She continued to make them long after she lost most of her vision, and yet they nearly flawless. Now I have another way to display them. They also make great backgrounds for shadowbox displays.

    ReplyDelete