Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Vacation House Tour

It's finally done! We began the process of building a vacation home over a year ago. First was the job of choosing a lot and a floor plan. I wanted something low maintenance, no stairs! Choosing the interior surfaces was such fun from the tile to the carpet, the cabinets to the countertops. See what I did HERE.

Next came the basic FURNISHINGS.

 Finally, I got to accessorize! I have kept things to a minimum for two reasons, number one - this is a vacation home and I want things to be easy! Second, we will be renting our home to other vacationers and I thought it important to keep the look clean, simple and as nonbreakable as possible!






 I found most of the accessories at consignment and thrift stores, including lamps, candlesticks, and several of the 
art pieces.





The table is set for our first dinner party with old friends. 






 I did find these two painted wooden pieces in Switzerland this summer. Midway was founded by Swiss farmers and it just seemed appropriate to have a couple of things 
from "home".


 I've had this cute little loveseat for years and had it reupholstered in a cream twill  fabric to match the neutral color scheme. I made all of the throw pillows out of black and white ticking and a taupe damask that I've been saving for something special.

All of the artwork in the master bedroom came from a local thrift store. I found 2 different sets of prints also in black and cream and only paid $15 each!










 The office sofa converts into a sleeper.










My grandmother was a folk artist and I thought her paintings would be perfect in our country home.

We had our three children and four grandchildren all here for a week last month and it was noisy and a little chaotic and fabulous! Just what a vacation home should be!

I like to join with
                   Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper

1 comment :