Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pumpkins and Blue Willow

Last week it was my turn to host my book club luncheon. The book I had chosen was the classic mystery Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. In a nod to the English setting of the book I chose to use my Blue Willow dishes. But Fall is in the air and I also wanted to get out my pumpkin collection. Could I mix the two? Hmm, different, but I think the rich orange played nicely against the blue and white.


Remember all of those doilies I collected last spring for a bridal shower? Here I layered them on a vintage white damask tablecloth. I encircled the table with the lacy doilies and placed a grainsack runner down the center of the table.

I started collecting Blue Willow about 20 years ago. It's a classic that is always in style. We do use it for our every day dishes most of the year, but not so much in Autumn. 

 I love pulling out my assortment of vintage silver plate flatware for parties.







  

And the menu? I served a berry and field greens salad with poppy seed dressing, 

vine ripened tomatoes and cucumbers with a balsamic vinaigrette, 

buttery crescent rolls, 

 and warm blackberry peach crisp.

I like to join these awesome parties!

             Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper

10 comments :

  1. I have always loved blue and white dishes, and Blue Willow is one of my favorites.

    Jocelyn @ http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore blue and white although mine is Spode but I THINK that they go with EVERYTHING! Orange, yellow, green, pink, red! LOVED your table and I have ONE of those same sugar dishes -- did not think about using it as a centerpiece (and now do I need to find another? LOL) -- my favorite table of this week's Between Naps On The Porch Tablescape Thursday! But then I'm in love with blue and white and blue and white tables always win out! But yours is the best of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dishes - wonderful book. I have always wondered what Manderley really looked like. (Unlike Mrs. de Winter, I have never dreamt of going there, however.) But I bet they used Blue Willow and silver. I would have loved to be at your Book Club Luncheon. Wonderful, wonderful table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way the orange looks with the Blue Willow. Great table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All is so very pretty! And the food looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My book club read Rebecca last October - it seemed to fit the mood. Lovely place settings, and I REALLY Wish I attended your book club with that incredible food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the energy the orange adds to your blue and white. Seeing your doilies reminds me I should go through the box of Mother's things because I know doilies are there, and I would love to use then as cleverly as you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I do love blue willow and the pumpkins. This just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the decorations and table settings- I am working on thrifting pieces like these and you put together one fabulous spread!

    ReplyDelete