Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Friday, August 22, 2014

Midway Cottages

Many of my followers know that my husband and I have recently built a second home in Midway, Utah. It gives us a chance to escape the Arizona summer heat and enjoy some cool mountain air. My grandparents had their weekend getaway home here for decades and I have fond memories of picnics with aunts, uncles and cousins. Midway was first settled in the mid 1800's by Swiss settlers and has retained a lovely old world ambiance. As I have taken my morning walks and bike rides I have been delighted to see so many historic cottages still standing and lovingly cared for.

Here are a few photos I snapped one morning. I played with them in my new app Waterlogue which gives your photos a watercolor effect.( I know many of you may have used this or something similar, but I'm late to the game!) 
Enjoy!











If anyone is interested in using our new home for your own getaway email me midwaygetaway@gmail.com

I like to join


                  Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper

No comments :

Post a Comment