Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Saturday, March 9, 2024

Thrift Store Score

 I used to go thrift shopping regularly when I had my antique business. However, since moving to Utah I just go on occasion when the mood strikes me. It's been several months since I popped into my local thrift shop and I was rewarded with several great finds. 


First I found these two Williraye Studio Easter/Spring figurines. I have a couple of Williraye Santas and I've had one Easter figure so it 's nice to add a couple to my collection. The Williraye pieces are very "folk artsy". They aren't super pricey and you can find them on auction sites for around $20-40 depending on the size. These two were $12 each which I thought seemed reasonable. I love the bunny weathervane on top of the birdhouse!


Next I scored some Pimpernel placemats and coasters. The mats feature old London scenes while the coasters are called "Tally Ho" and depict a fox hunt. I've collected Pimpernel placemats for years. These are in like new condition and will go nicely with my blue and white dishes. You can read more about them HERE.


My mother had a wonderful collection of silver baby cups and I started saving them too. Whenever I see one at a good price I snap it up. This sweet little cup was $3. Here is how I put my little collection to work. Silver Baby Cups 

I've been trying to get a bit of organization done in my closet recently. This cute French themed box looks like it's intended for photo storage but I may use it to store some sewing supplies. It was brand new, still shrink wrapped and cost $1.




I saved the best for last. Here is an Irish Waterford crystal bowl. That's right. You never know what you'll find out thrifting!  This will be lovely filled with anything from flowers to salad. Several years ago I found another piece of Waterford crystal which you can read about HERE.


For now I filled my new bowl with my Ukrainian egg collection. 


And I added the bunny figurines to my bakers rack filled with spring decor.


What a fun day of thrifting! Did you score anything great this week!















No comments :

Post a Comment