Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Centerpieces:Fresh or Faux?


It's wedding season and there is nothing like gorgeous fresh flowers at a wedding. Or is there? When my friend's daughter got married last summer she spent over $2000 just for the flowers. Yikes! 

My son is getting married in a couple of months and I'm helping out with the centerpieces. The wedding is in California and I live in Utah. It makes sense to be able to make centerpieces ahead of time so we've chosen to use candles and a floral candle ring. I found these lovely eucalyptus wreaths recently. Nice, but they need more...something. 

First I wove in some lavender and white satin ribbons. 

Then I was offered some free silk flowers from Fake Palm Trees @ http://www.commercialpalmtrees.com/.

What luck! These little lavender bouquets are perfect for adding in some color  to the wreaths. Aren't they gorgeous?

Of course, they are charming by themselves. I merely plopped  a bunch into one of my favorite French pots and voila!  A bit of Provence in the kitchen!



But back to the centerpieces. I tucked the lavender sprigs into the wreath.  Ah yes, looking better.

The bride and groom are both musicians so I added some candles wrapped in vintage sheet music and tied on a tag with  their names and the date.


In the evening with the candles lit I'm hoping these provide a sweet romantic glow to the tables. 


Oh, and these cost WAY less than $2000. We'll go ahead and have fresh flowers for the bride and bridesmaid's bouquets, as well as corsages and boutonnieres. So what do you think?  Faux can be a very good option to keep your wedding costs on budget.

Commercial Palm Trees  carries a wide variety of faux trees and silk flowers. Their sister site Silk Plants Direct is offering a 10% discount to my readers. Use discount code BLOGGER10.

Disclaimer – I was provided with a free product in return for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own and not influenced by the developing company, and/ or its affiliates in any way.

I like to join


5 comments :

  1. They look fabulous! Love them In your Provence planter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I think they are such a great color!
    Karee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your creation looks quite professional! I remember, flowers at a wedding can cost a ton! You did great! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm:) xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful centerpieces. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Daisy. I was wondering: do you accept guest posts on www.sunwinggreen.com? It’s about artificial plants, so it would be a perfect fit for your blog.Looking forward to receiving your reply

    ReplyDelete