Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Monday, August 14, 2017

Farmhouse Wedding

Rustic "Farmhouse" style weddings is a trend that doesn't seem to be fading. My good friend Leslie was asked to help with the wedding reception of a dear friend of hers and I got called to pitch in too. Leslie had a vision - it started with pallets. Lots and lots of pallets...


We stacked the pallets to make an entrance in an old car body shop turned reception venue. 

This stack of pallets and galvanized bucket will feature the wedding cake.



Of course we added in chalkboard signs and mason jar votives. Plus lots of fragrant roses and hydrangeas.












Rustic ladders added some height and showcased photos, flowers and votives.



We (and by "we" I mean our husbands) hung large gilt frames and bouquets of baby's breath from the ceiling. 

We created a greeting area for the bride and groom under a long garland with a rustic bench for them to rest on.


The dinner was a simple buffet of main dish salads, rustic breads and homemade jams, fresh fruit and a pie buffet with 7 different kinds of pie! 












Long eucalyptus garlands adorned the farmhouse style tables which we arranged in chevrons.  





I adore this old feeding trough used to hold gifts! 





The guests were sent home with praline candies.


It was a fun celebration to put together!

I like to join

6 comments :

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS & full of great shares. Please come share this beautiful wedding at Reader Tip Tuesday = love!
    http://www.jodiefitz.com/2017/08/15/reader-tip-tuesday-craft-recipe-party/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing "real life" decorating and a theme done up right - you've put together a wonderful rustic look for the gorgeous couple using some fantastic pieces. I'm sure they were thrilled with your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for adding me to the list! Love this post :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh what a beautiful couple! And what a beautiful reception:) I have two daughters and I have to admit that I've secretly hoped one day to be able to plan a wedding like this one for each of them! Time will tell. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!
    xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FANTASTIC ideas!!! And, beautiful pics...
    I hope the wedding was AMAZING - it looked like it was :).
    I hope we see you at the current Reader Tip Tuesday Party: http://www.jodiefitz.com/2017/08/22/reader-tip-tuesday-party-crafts-recipes/
    It's open all week & growing.

    ReplyDelete