Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Friday, November 4, 2016

Time for the Turkeys


I find it very easy to transition from my Halloween tablescape to a Thanksgiving table. I only have a few 
jack-o-lanterns and one witch that I swap out for my pilgrims and turkeys.

Last year I hosted Thanksgiving dinner and my brother offered to bring his "turkey plates" because I didn't have any. So not to be outdone in the plate department, this year I've been on the hunt for turkey plates at my favorite thrift stores and I was rewarded with a full set of 8 salad plates and 2 dinner plates for only a few dollars a piece.
 These are made by Johnson Brothers of England. The pattern is His Majesty. Even though I'll be using white plates at most of the settings I love the way the browns layer with the white.





 I found this darling pumpkin table runner last summer at the Goodwill and layered it on top of a wider linen runner with vintage English cabbage roses.




Instead of a cornucopia I've filled an old tool box with pumpkins and herbs.


 I also found this large turkey platter a couple of years ago at the Goodwill. It is also made by Johnson Brothers, pattern Wild Turkeys.





 My turkeys come in all sizes and differing materials.


Many of them are votive holders.



 I made turkey place cards several years ago and reuse them. You can download them from Martha Stewart's website.

To me Thanksgiving is a season of
 love, sharing and gratitude.
Oh, and pie.

I'll be joining

6 comments :

  1. such a beautiful tablescape, you did great scoring those wonderful turkey salad plates. I just have one of those, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read on another blog she got similar turkey plates at Tuesday Morning. Hoping they still have some, kinda late now. I try to stay out of there as too many temptations or not enuf on my credit card, groan. Good thing store is in area we don't have reason to go to often.
    Your table and dining set are gorgeous. Lot of work setting all that up.Enjoy rest of Fall and Thanksgiving. Have lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those plates were a wonderful find. Your table is full of warmth and very inviting for turkey day! Love the tool box centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! I love your dishes; such a great deal!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, love all your turkey plates and platters! Especially the JB Majesty!
    Happy week ahead to you!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great square plate! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete