Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

80th Birthday Celebration


My beautiful mother turned 80 last weekend. I belong to a large "blended" family and we all gathered in Utah to celebrate with her. I thought I'd share some of the table decor that we came up with. 

 The event was held at my brother's reception center where my daughter had her wedding reception last June. I chose a black, white and orange color scheme but didn't want it to look "Halloweeny". We used black tablecloths, black and white toile runners and toppers and lots of pumpkins! Mark has these amazing copper chafing dishes and platters that were perfect! 
 Some of the tables had crocks filled with orange mums and we scattered candy corn for the grandchildren and great-grandchildren to enjoy.
 The other tables had tall iron candleholders wrapped with amber beads and more pumpkins. Last week I shared with you my pumpkin collection HERE. My mother has an even larger collection than I do and it was fun to gather them up and use them as our centerpieces.


 My sister-in-law helped with all the set up. Now it's time to light the candles!
 Here are just some of the yummy dishes on the menu: Italian meatballs,
 yakisoba noodles, fresh berries, 
 crusty rolls and pulled pork, 
 lime mousse tarts, 
 and of course, birthday cake! We had 100 guests including children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, dear friends and two US senators. 
It's always a treat for me to go north in the Autumn and get just a taste of Fall weather. Having a big family gathering made this year especially wonderful! 
I'll be joining
What's It Wednesday 
Wow Us Wednesday 

7 comments :

  1. What a beautiful birthday party, for a no less gorgeous mother!! God bless her new year of life and many more, happy and healthy years for her!! My mom is that great looking and turned 80 almost two years ago.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mother is fabulous!!! Second runner-up in fabulousness is your great setting! My mom is 92 and looks 62; I agree about the genes!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom looks fabulous!! Happy Birthday to her and many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mother looks absolutely beautiful for 80!! Please wish her a Happy Belated Birthday! I can only hope to age that well *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mother has sure retained her good looks! How lucky you are to have her with you and share in that beautiful celebration. You're extra lucky to have a brother with a chic reception hall! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 80th birthday to your beautiful mom. The vignettes are beautiful. This is such an awesome post. I would love it if you would share this post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us. :-)

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete