Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Wedding Season

It's wedding season here in Arizona, and I suppose the rest of the country. We have been invited to 8 weddings this month! Plus my own daughter gets married in less than 3 weeks.


 I thought I'd share with you my favorite wedding gift idea. I try to keep a supply of these beautiful serving bowls on hand for gift giving. Many people think they are pewter, but they are actually a modern aluminum alloy. They are perfect to take to a pot luck as you don't have to worry about breakage and chances are good it won't get mixed up with someone else's bowl. These bowls and platters require very little care, can go from freezer to oven to table. I don't however recommend the dishwasher, it can dull the shine.

 I use them for salads and pasta but they also look lovely as a centerpiece filled with fruit (or pinecones, potpourri, seashells, etc!)


I also make the gift giving easy by tying them up simply in cellophane with a pretty ribbon.
Hopefully this is something a new bride will find versatile and use over and over again through the years.

2 comments :

  1. Beautiful serving bowl with great detail. I also love to give serving bowls or platters. I normally choose something elegant from Miska in the hopes it will be used for special occasions . When we where first married, this type of piece was not in the budget, but I received both a beautiful, elegant serving bowl and platter that I still use for special celebrations. And I always think of the person who gifted to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so agree, these are all beautiful. I love to give a silver bowl or a crystal one. They are two of my favorite gifts. I think every bride can use one and most people don't usually give either. I love the idea of the clear cellophane. Great idea. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete