Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Friday, June 21, 2019

Berry Cheesecake in a Jar



 Summer is finally here and last week we were invited to a neighborhood pot luck.  I always like to bring something homemade and I thought about making my Blackberry Peach Cobbler  in a jar. Hmm, but I've been wanting to try these cute little cheesecakes and I happened to have all of the ingredients on hand! I actually read through several different recipes found on Pinterest but some gave the measurements in grams (?), a couple called for whipping cream and I was out, and most only made 6 and I was headed to a party. So, here is my version. 
They were very easy and a real hit! 

Defrost a frozen bag of mixed berries and throw in a few sliced fresh strawberries too if you have them. Honestly, any of your favorite fruit for the topping would work. Add a couple of tablespoons of powdered sugar and let them render some juice.

 Beat one 8 oz package of room temperature cream cheese until smooth. Add in 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt , 2/3 cup powdered sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tsp lemon juice. Then beat until combined and smooth.

 Make a classic graham cracker crust by combining the crumbs from 6 whole graham crackers with 1/4 cup melted butter and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Gently press a couple of tablespoons into 12 clean 8 oz jam jars.

Top the graham crust with several spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture. Lastly add the berries.

I did thicken my fruit by pouring the defrosted fruit juices into a small saucepan. I added 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and brought to a simmer until slightly thickened. Then folded back into the berries and topped off the cream cheese. Chill until ready to serve.
 It's so easy to screw on the jar lids and take to a party. You can gild the lily by adding a dollop of whipped cream but it's not necessary.

These are cool and creamy, perfect for a summer evening!


Berry Cheesecake in a Jar

 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice

6 graham crackers
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tablespoon sugar

fresh or 10 oz frozen berries defrosted
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch

8-  8 oz jam jars

In a mixer beat  cream cheese, yogurt, powdered sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth.

Crush graham crackers until fine. Add melted butter and sugar to combine. 

Sprinkle powdered sugar on fruit and allow to defrost and render juice. Pour off juice into small saucepan and add cornstarch. Bring to a simmer until thickened. Fold into berries.

Layer  graham cracker, crust cream cheese mixture and berries into 12 jam jars. Chill. Top with whipped cream if desired.

Serves 8

I like to join



3 comments :

  1. Karee, I love your recipe!! I wish I was at your potluck. You have all my favorites in an adorable jar! Thank you for sharing with us at the Thursday Favorite Things party. I’m featuring you this week at the party on my blog.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy "water hack" burns 2 lbs OVERNIGHT

    At least 160000 women and men are losing weight with a easy and secret "liquids hack" to lose 1-2lbs each night as they sleep.

    It's very simple and works with anybody.

    Here are the easy steps for this hack:

    1) Get a clear glass and fill it half the way

    2) Proceed to use this strange hack

    so you'll become 1-2lbs lighter when you wake up!

    ReplyDelete