Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Mikasa Daisy Place

You will scream with envy when I show you 
what I found yesterday at the thrift store!
Stacks of fine china by Mikasa! 
Twelve dinner plates, 12 soup bowls and 16 salad plates.

There was no price on the dishes and when I asked the price and was told $30 for the whole set I flipped! But wait, it gets better. When I took them to the counter there was a sign that said all dishes were 50% off. What?! That's right, I paid $15 for all 40 pieces! Are you screaming yet?

This is the Daisy Place pattern, it is scattered with charming soft pink and yellow English daisies .

 I'm on vacation and don't have access to my usual stash of linens so I've had to improvise a place setting.
(That's a throw rug as a placemat.)


 I think these will be perfect for Spring table settings!
 My luck with Mikasa continues. Remember the Mikasa dishes I found last spring? Check them out HERE.
I like to party with

                   Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper

5 comments :

  1. Did you hear me scream?! What a great find!!! Hugs. P.S. I invite you to share your post at my blog hop ( link up tonight through Sat)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am screaming! What luck...great dishes...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! What a deal!! They kind of remind me of a Mary Englebreit design!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! I'm not only screaming, but turning green with envy! An absolutely unbelievable find! But, I am glad that those beautiful plates will be enjoyed by someone who truly appreciates them. Have fun tablescaping!! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete