Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Shopping Out of Season


When shopping for produce we are always advised to purchase fruits and vegetables that are fresh and in season. We should buy strawberries in the Spring and pumpkins in the Fall. However, when it comes to thrift shopping and antiquing I often find the opposite to be true.  Look for items that have been pushed aside and may be overlooked by shoppers because they are "not fresh". These are a few items I found last weekend on an Easter excursion to California. The most I paid for any single item was $3.00.

While the shop windows had displays of bunnies and Spring flowers I managed to find turkeys and pumpkins! Plus a lovely Burberry throw, two transferware creamers in earth tones, a bread peel and a pewter plate.

Loving this glass turkey candy dish!


I'll put my treasures away until Autumn and enjoy them when the weather changes. What have you bought out of season?

2 comments :

  1. Oh I love them all, how fun, and I adore the throw. I would have bought them all too. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also buy out of season. The prices are usually so good! Sometimes it is so hard to wait for the correct season to use the items! You have some awesome finds.

    ReplyDelete