Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Friday, August 3, 2012

Seashell Tablescape

Have you been to the beach this summer? Unfortunately we haven't, but to remind me of past summers at Cape Cod I put together a simple table setting using shells we've gathered through the years.Instead of using the traditional blues and greens of the ocean I wanted to focus on the warm beiges and browns of the sand and shells. I placed my shell collection into three apothecary jars and then made "vintage" tags to hang from the lids. I featured my brown and black dishes made by Arabia of Finland. I love the concentric circles when the bread and butter plates are layered on the dinners. It's all placed on a shawl I found while out thrifting.

Maybe we'll make it to the beach next year!






I'll be joining

2 comments :

  1. It's charming! Adore the shells and seascape motif! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table top seascape is so pretty. What a nice reminder of your seaside visits from the past. I especially like the vintage tags you made. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete