Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Great Green Peppers



I returned home after several weeks away and the refrigerator was bare. There is a wonderful market near me that only sells produce so that is where I headed first thing Monday morning. The green peppers were on sale for 10 for a $1. That's right, a dime each! So of course,  I filled a bag.

 I have read that there are differences in peppers. Those with with 3 bumps are male and those with 4 bumps are female. Supposedly those with 3 bumps have fewer seeds. 

 I don't know, they looked pretty much the same to me...

With only two of us in the house 10 green peppers is a lot. So what to do? Freeze them of course! I hope you know how easy it is to freeze peppers. 

Simply core them and remove all the seeds. Some I sliced into strips and some I diced.
 Place them in freezer bags and pop them in the freezer.  They are so easy to pull out  and throw into recipes. I use the strips for dishes like stir fry, fajitas and sweet and sour meatballs. The diced peppers will go into chili, omelettes  and goulash. They will last in the freezer for a couple of months.


The remaining peppers are on tonight's menu. I have a couple of favorite stuffed pepper recipes that I found via Pinterest that I can share with you here, 


~Recipe for Stuffed Green Peppers with Brown Rice, Italian Sausage, and Parmesan~:

Enjoy!

I like to join these parties

No comments :

Post a Comment