Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Darling Doilies


My friend Lynn has been doing some closet cleaning and when she came across a large box full of  vintage doilies, lace, and aprons she offered it to me and I happily accepted! I love the delicate lace patterns and soft whites,
 ecrus and ivory colors.


 Each piece is unique and must have taken hours to make.


Some look like flowers while others remind me of delicate snowflakes.



So, what to do with a box of vintage doilies?  A couple of years ago  I started making these charming lavender filled boudoir pillows which you can read about HERE. 
This has been one of my most popular posts so let me share again how easy these are to make.
First I take some linen or silk fabric and make a small pillow. I stuff it with fresh batting and French lavender buds. Then I hand stitch a doily onto the pillow cover.

Some of the doilies I'm able to tie around the pillow with a piece of ribbon.

 The pillows can be embellished with pretty buttons, silk flowers or ribbon.

These look and smell lovely in a bathroom, closet, nestled on a bed or comfy chair, or in your lingerie drawer 





I will be taking several to my booth at Merchant Square. Stop in for a visit!

I like to join these parties


4 comments :

  1. I just love your pillows. I have been collecting linens for many years and have more than I care to mention. I use them in many places but I would love to make some of these pillows. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are each so special and I love how you used them on the pillows, so beautiful and very clever!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky of you to receive all of those wonderful crocheted pieces! To think of all the work involved. Your pillows are so pretty, and I bet they smell amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I am your newest follower! I found you over at What's it Wednesday. Your doilies are wonderful, I have quite a few myself, so fun to use for staging photos of pretties! Your pillows are darling!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete