Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Americana Tablescape

With summer fast approaching there are also several  patriotic holidays on the horizon. For fun I pulled out some of my red, white and blue dishes for a few tablescape ideas.
 I started with these red plaid placemats I found a the goodwill for 75 cents apiece.
 Then I added my English ironstone octagonal plates that I received when we got married and layered them with Arabia of Finland salad plates also a wedding gift. I've been collecting these darling spreaders lately so had to add them to the mix.
 I've also been trying to find white or cream planters at thrift stores. They are filled with geraniums and flanked by some vintage Blue Danube candleholders.
 Some Country French William Sonoma napkins came from Goodwill for 50 cents each (still with the original price tag of $4 each.) They look perfect fanned out in my vintage cobalt blue glassware.(The pattern name escapes me. Anyone?)
 Added to the mix are some random pieces of Blue Willow and blue spatterware.
 A true mix and match for a very Americana look!
Happy Memorial Day, Flag Day, 4th of July and
 Labor Day!
I've got more red, white and blue dishes down at the store, so pop in for a look and more ideas!

No comments :

Post a Comment