Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Weekend in San Clemente

My husband Scott, son Josh and I spent a glorious Easter weekend in San Clemente, California. We stayed with Scott's niece Melissa, her husband Mat and their adorable baby Tessa - oh and the 3 dogs Sienna, Sophie and Bella. The views from Mat and Melissa's yard look like the Tuscan countryside with the red tiled roofs and green hills rolling down to the ocean. A stroll through their neighborhood in the morning reminded me of my walks through Assisi and San Gimignano.


We spent an afternoon watching the surfers at the beach and shopping in the charming shops in the town. Of course I found several treasures to take into the store, including some ironstone and majolica pieces! (photos to be posted later)


I wound up being in charge of Easter dinner which was lots of fun as Mat's parents joined us too. A holiday is always more meaningful spent with family and friends.

I've always liked California but now I think I'm in love!






No comments :

Post a Comment