Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Spring Tablescape - Spode Buttercup versus Spode Wicker Dell

 Last weekend it was my turn to host the family dinner party.(My siblings still have tried to get together a few times this past year and now most of us have been vaccinated!) 

 Many years ago my mother gave me several Spode Buttercup dinner plates. They have sweet yellow buttercups and forget-me-nots in the center surrounded by a wicker border with brown filigree. I thought they would be perfect for a spring get together! Only one problem, I had 8 plates and needed 10.

 


I turned to Ebay to see if I could find a few more.  No luck, but someone was selling another pattern by Spode called Wicker Dell.  They were a very reasonable price so I bought all five that he was selling for $30.

Can you tell the difference? Look closely.

Buttercup has...buttercups and Wicker Dell has primroses.


The filigree borders are also slightly different.

Even side by side you can barely tell the difference.

Buttercup was in production from 1924 until 1992. Wicker Dell was made from 1933 to 1964.



I used wicker chargers from Pottery Barn and a lovely mint green damask tablecloth inherited from my mother-in-law. The goblets are Fostoria Jamestown also in a minty green. 

An ironstone bowl filled with Ukrainian Easter eggs made for a  colorful but easy centerpiece.




I also added a white Kaiser bunny and a milk glass hen with a blue specked egg.

Everything looked perfect for welcoming Spring.
And by the way, no one noticed that the plates weren't all the same!


I will be joining 






















2 comments :

  1. What a lovely table! So great to hear from you it's been a while! I have that cute hen on nest. Love the chargers. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. Happy Easter. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post your free ads on best classified site.To increase your customer trough online you should join this free ad network. There are so many benefits you can gain from using Visit bedpage

    ReplyDelete