Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Beehive Centerpieces


 I'm lucky enough to get to spend my summers in the mountains of Utah. I also get to be involved with a charity function while I'm here.  Senator Orrin Hatch  hosts a golf challenge fundraiser each year in Park City and part of the event is a ladies luncheon hosted by his sweet wife Elaine. Elaine Hatch is one of my mother's dearest friends and Mom and I have been asked the last couple of years to help with the luncheon. 

This year we chose "Utah the Beehive State" as our theme. The industrious honey bee has long been the symbol of Utah and we thought that would make for some fun centerpieces. 


Did you know that the little straw or wicker baskets that honey bees call home are actually called bee skeps? Skeps have been in use for about 2000 years but they actually are not the best for the bees and these days are just decorative.

I found several skeps at the Las Vegas Gift Show last winter and embellished them with a hang tag and some cute honey bee ribbon.


The tables are long and rectangular so we'll run some woven burlap ribbon and sunflowers down the length of the tables.

The attendees receive a gift bag that I decorated with a vintage beehive graphic. 



Among other things the gift bags contain some local Utah chocolates from Utah Truffles located in South Jordan, Utah

and some jars of honey from Layton, Utah. 

Here are the graphics I used on the tags and bags.




The Utah Family Foundation helps families in need and they are the recipient of the proceeds. 

I'm honored to be a small part of this fun event!

I like to join these parties


2 comments :

  1. WOW, great choice for your luncheon. Your center pieces are very pretty and should be a hit. I am sure you and your mother will have a very successful event. Looking forward to a post on your luncheon.

    Have a great week.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karee, my name is Anne, and I'm a first time visitor to your blog (by way of Amaze Me Monday). These beehive centerpieces are a wonderful idea! I love anything bee, because there's something very vintage farmhouse about them, and that's my love. Anyway, have a great day, and hope to see you stop by my blog sometime to say hi (http://birdsongbitsandpieces.blogspot.com).

    ReplyDelete