Neutral Header

Neutral Header

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Les Indiennes

Historically these beautiful fabrics originated in India. The themes are derived from fruits, flowers and insects and then carved into wood blocks.  The blocks are then loaded with dye and hand stamped onto natural fibers such as linen and cotton. In the 16th century these linens were exported to France where the French fell in love with the designs and named them “Les Indiennes” Eventually the craftsmen in Provence started producing their own and now these fabrics and table linens have that distinctive Provençal  feel. On my trip to India I got to see the local craftsmen laboring to create these one of a kind works of art. I carry both made in France and the original made in India “Les Indiennes” I have a new shipment on its way so stop in and see which would look best in your home! Or email me for a direct shipment.
chateau.interiors@gmail.com





No comments :

Post a Comment